Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Craft

Christmas Ornaments!

       Hey everyone!  Hopefully you've still got one more craft in you before Christmas!  Even if you don't, you have to try this...it literally took me no time at all, it was so easy.  I am really not just saying that...plus you don't have to wait for it to dry which is my kinda craft because I am kind of lazy that way :)  I had heard about this from a friend but was kind of skeptical because I thought "Floor Polish?? What kind of a craft item is Floor Polish??" But trust me it really does work and the end results are awesome so what do you have to lose :)

       Okay, here is what you need listed below:
                            - Glass Ornaments (Found mine on sale at Hobby Lobby @ 50% off)
                            - Glitter, I had these on hand but I recommend getting a bigger size like Martha Stewart
                            - Pledge Floor Care (with the Blue Lid) there are two kinds and this is the one I chose                        and it worked great, I can't vouch for the other one but I am sure it would be the same. (Heads up, this is $6...it hardly uses any at all for this project, I mean hardly any, but since I have Wood Floors it is a win-win for me to use the rest...however if you don't you can save this for another project).


       Start off by pouring some of the Pledge into each ornament...I did this in each ornament all at the same time using the blue spout so nothing spilled and just stuck each ornament back in the packaging upright so it wouldn't spill.  Then you take each ornament and roll it around until all the inside has been coated by the Pledge.


       Now pour in your glitter...use a lot of glitter to coat the insides...don't be scared to use a lot, if you don't it won't coat as well and then when you pour it back out you still get A LOT out of there...it really doesn't use a lot of glitter, you just want to make sure it's well coated...make sense?  Dump the excess glitter back onto a sheet of paper so you can funnel it back into your Glitter Bottle and use for another project!


       Here you have it below!  Super simple, inexpensive and most of all easy!  I think each ornament would be cute with a bow on top and placed in a fun bowl as well but however you decorate, it will be great!


       Enjoy!!

- Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment