Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sneak Peek Valentine's Gift Tutorial For Hubby and Free Printable

Sneak Peek Valentine's Gift Tutorial For Hubby and Free Printable

       Hey everyone!  Can you believe it's almost Valentine's??  Seriously??  I feel like the first part of this year went by way too fast.  I know that there are many people out there who don't feel the "LOVE" on Valentine's.  Those who think it is just a way to get people to spend more money...in a way, I agree with those people.  In fact, my hubby and I don't go out and buy a bunch of teddy bears and chocolates or even go out to eat on Valentine's because there are so many people it is kind of hard to make your dinner feel special and private.  However, I do believe that Valentine's does have a great purpose...I won't go into the history of it all, I am sure you all are "google savvy" enough to be able to do that :)  But I will tell you that I seriously think Valentine's Day is a great excuse to do something ridiculously cheesy and over the top fun for your husband!  I love thinking of new and creative ways to do something for my husband without spending hardly any money at all.  We reserve the money spending for birthdays and Christmas so Valentine's Day is basically just an extra bonus :)  So here is my little sneak peek of what I have come up with this year for my husband!  I will be doing a tutorial on this within the next week but since it's not finished as you can see below, I cant quite get everything up yet.  I am sure you have all heard of Monopoly!  There is actually a website that you can go to that I saw a long time ago and they will make you your very own game of Lovopoly but I have searched everywhere and cannot find it for you!  But since this is our "extra" holiday I just decided to do it on my own!  Let me tell you, this is seriously going to cost you nothing if you do decide to do it on your own, but it does take a little time and thought.  Just to give you an example of how I am going to change it up...in the bottom left hand corner where it normally would say "GO" it says "Collect $200 Love Bucks As You Pass The BEDROOM" and I am going to put in different places that are special to us for the Properties.  I will give you some printables and exact dimensions as soon as I am done with everything!  Don't pretend like you're not excited ;) 


       My mom's birthday was recently and as I was brainstorming ideas of gifts to give her I came up with this idea of "A Mother's Prayer".  I often think about how grateful I am for my mom.  I think you can never fully comprehend the sacrifice and love your mother gives you until you become a mother as well.  This is true for me anyways.  In high school when my mom gave me curfews I thought she was just being over protective and silly.  Now as a mother, I realize the anxiety I am going to have when I have a 16 year old out on a school night that shows up 2 hours late without calling to let me know where she is.  The many fears that already run through my head when I only have little kids such as "Will they make the right choices when I'm not there?  Am I raising them to be all that they can be?"  There are so many more that I could list and go on and on and on. I feel so grateful for a Mother who taught me that being a mom was most important, even though it meant not always being popular with your kids.  That values are important and will essentially help you to grow into the person you want to be and help you realize what you really believe in.  I have included the printable with the Saying that I wrote. It is an 8X10 so keep that in mind as you print it out :)  I just sent mine over to Costco and framed it!  I hope you enjoy!  If you display it in your home, I would love to see it!  I am almost done with some fun Valentine's Printables so let me know if you are interested and I will get those up A.S.A.P. to use for your upcoming party :)  Enjoy!

- Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment