Monday, August 29, 2011

3 Week Menu


Here is an example of my "3 week menu". Click on the image above and it will bring up a larger version that you can then print out or save to your computer. I am not completely computer savvy so I am still learning if there are better options than what I have provided above. Right now on my own personal 3 week rotation I am on week 3 so I will be going grocery shopping at the end of this week and will post a new menu and grocery shopping list that will have all the deals for that week this Thursday! But for now, the first recipe I will share from this menu above is the recipe for my Sweet Pork Salads. Now I know that there are many Sweet Pork recipes out there to choose from, but this particular one only has 2 ingredients, which in my book is definitely the way to go on a crazy day! A big "Thank You" to my sister Crystal who handed this recipe down to me, we use it ALL the time and the leftovers can be used for Nachos or burritos or just plain with rice.

Sweet Pork
*1 cup Jack's Salsa (from Costco or you can use homemade but really in this you can't tell the difference. My husband is a huge "Salsa Snob" and eats only fresh, but he loves this!
*1/2 cup brown sugar
*1 - 4 lb. pork roast (Again I purchase mine from Costco since they have the 4 packs that are really lean and turn out perfect every single time.)

- Place your pork roast in your slow cooker. Pour your salsa over, nothing fancy, and then add your brown sugar right on top of that. Cook on low for 8 hours. It really is necessary to cook on low...it turns out so much more tender and juicier. When finished, shred and that's it!

Are you kidding me? Go make yourself 5 since that was so easy! Enjoy!

- Kristin

2 comments: