Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 2 Recipes

Week 2 Recipes



       Hey friends!  Here are your recipes for Week 2...I apologize for not posting more this last week...we are sick again...so between that and planning a wedding I think it is safe to say that I literally hit an exhaustion point that was not even possible.  But hey, that's life and I am still here, I promise!  So this week I promise to really show you some fun recipes for Halloween and a fun activity that my kids and I have been working on!  So tomorrow morning I will get that up and running for you.  Okay here is your first recipe...you can cut down on fat by using fat-free cream cheese and using wheat pasta shells but other than that the meat is lean along with the tomato sauce.  Whenever I say season to taste, make sure you actually taste it occasionally to make sure it has enough flavoring :)  Don't shy away from casseroles...sometimes that word makes people shudder but really there are some good easy dishes for winter that are casseroles!

     
       Okay so you should still have some pork left!  Use that and make some sweet pork salads today, this is kind of one of our favorites and we cook it a lot because it is so easy, so healthy, and so flavorful!  Remember all the other recipes for sides and toppings are on my website so check it out!


       This is a recipe passed down to me from my mom.  It is good and easy and requires very few ingredients.  My kids still don't like it since they are the pickiest eaters but I have passed this on to lots of people who claim their kids LOVE it because it's ingredients are so simple.


       I have to admit I don't like frying stuff that much...but there are some things that just require it and this is one of those.  These are a really fun recipe to do every once in a while and we always make extras so we can have some with honey-butter after for a fun dessert!



       I love Hawaiian Haystacks!  My husband doesn't love them because he got sick once while eating them but I am trying to get him back into the groove.  I love all the fresh veggies that you can put on them.  They are so colorful and so flavorful!  Just try them, you'll like them, I promise!  You can cut down on fat by using fat-free sour cream :)


       Okay here is a fun one for Halloween!  I put some tips on the recipe card to make them into mummies! My whole family besides my husband hates olives but we stick them on there for this and then give them to dad after we pick them off :)  They are just too fun to not have them in there.  Make some veggies and throw them in there on the side or just throw in a bag of chips.  Either way your kids will appreciate this fun dish to get them ready for the Halloween spirit!  Can't believe it's next week!  If you try the recipes let me know what you think.  It's always nice to know that people are actually getting some useful information out of the website :)  Enjoy!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment