Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Recipe Cards for Week 2

 Recipe Cards for Week 2
         Hey everyone!  Here are your recipe cards for week two and I will just put some little helpful suggestions to go with each one.  For the Cilantro-Lime Chicken listed above, she says to marinade it for only 3 minutes, no this is not a typo, I have checked the original recipe numerous times.  However I like my chicken to have lots of time to absorb flavors so I always let it marinade a couple of hours before cooking so I have not tried this the original way but if you are crunched on time I am sure you could try it!  Let me know how it goes!
    For the cilantro-lime rice, I use the Jasmine rice I told you about before listed here.  I love all the flavors combined.  Just make sure you cook it on low so you don't overcook the rice and burn it.

       This recipe was submitted to me by my friend Andrea and looks delicious!  I actually have not tried this recipe yet but am looking forward to it...I LOVE soup in the Fall/Winter!  It was originally doubled in size so I scaled it down to feed less people for my little family since I am not sure how well this will freeze with the heavy whipping cream in it.  Just a suggestion, I would do part heavy whipping cream and part half and half to help cut down on fat...but hey there is no harm in trying it just the way it is for the first time :)
    This recipe was submitted by my sister in-law Irys!  I can't wait to try this as well since this will be my first time too.  I am a big fan of ranch but my husband is not so I decided to include my other dressing topping to go with this instead of the ranch.  This dressing is specifically for pasta and pasta salads and is delicious.  However I am sure the ranch is too!  Go ahead and let me know what you think :)
   I love fajitas...I honestly can't tell you how much I love them.  I love all the colors, they are seriously so appealing to eat.  You can also make this with flank steak as well and it is super delicious.  If you notice, we eat a lot of chicken around my house.  You are more than welcome to substitute meat for a lot of those recipes but my kids prefer chicken, it is leaner and more inexpensive so it is the easy route for us because there are no fights at the dinner table :)  I included Emeril's Essence Recipe again.  Remember I told you about it here??  So you should already have some made and tucked away but in case you don't, here it is again.  Don't be scared to try this, I use it on so many things because it is really delicious and takes time from measuring out all the different seasonings each time.  You can buy this in the store next to all the spices but it's about $3 a bottle and this makes SO much more for SO much less!  If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.  If you have any recipes you would like to submit to try for the next rotation, go ahead and e-mail me by Monday, September 10th so I can get them on.  Enjoy!!

- Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment