Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday's Recipe


Warning! This meal is definitely NOT waist friendly, but it IS oh so delicious! I don't make it that often just for the fact that it is heavy, but every once in a while, I like to pull it out. Here are some changes that I have made in order to make it a little more figure friendly. For the heavy whipping cream, I do 1/2 heavy whipping cream and 1/2 fat-free half and half. This is huge...it cuts down on so much fat. I tried doing all fat-free half and half and it doesn't thicken the way it should. The original recipe called for vegetable oil so I changed that to Light Tasting Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Doesn't change the taste at all, but is somewhat healthier for you. I put on here to buy store bought gnocchi but I make my potato gnocchi from scratch so I make it wheat potato gnocchi which you could always buy at the store I think? Anyways, I didn't post that recipe, which is what the original recipe calls for, because it is very time consuming. However, if you are interested in making your own homemade gnocchi, leave me a comment below and I will post the recipe for it. One last thing, all the spices on the right column of the recipe card are for Emeril's Essence spice recipe. You only need a little bit of the whole mixture but I suggest making the whole mixture and putting it in an airtight container. I seriously use this all the time for seasoning my chicken, fajitas, tacos, steak...etc. It really is delicious and full of flavor so don't be shy! ENJOY!

- Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment