Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sausage Calzones

I will probably talk about my sisters a lot on this blog. I look up to all of them and have nothing but good things to say about them. My sister Crystal in particular has taught me a lot about life and about cooking. For instance, she taught me that jokes are WAY funnier after 9:00 at night and that any joke is funnier with your sister. I don't know any teenager that wants their little sister tagging along with them at their boyfriends house but my sister ALWAYS let me tag along, even if I was a serious pain in the booty! We would stay up late talking and write fun notes to each other that we would leave on each other's bed to find at night and write back. I seriously have so much fun memories of sharing a room and hope my girls have that same connection that we did! Now that we are grown up and have kids of our own, I still learn so much from her, of life and raising kids. She just had her sixth kid and is a seriously patient mom. As in SERIOUSLY patient mom. I have so much to learn from that. Anyways, she has taught me a lot about cooking when I started to raise my family and gave me a lot of tips on food storage. I am always grateful for her advice and tips! So this recipe is originally from her and I will probably share many more from her recipe box. You can either use the Pizza Dough recipe found here or you can buy frozen bread dough rolls and use those...if you do buy the dough, you need to combine two rolls to make one calzone...make sense? Anyways, this is fairly healthy recipe if you use ground turkey however some people love sausage too! I like to add in all the vegetables since it gives it so much flavor. You can also make an Alfredo Dipping Sauce on the side or use Spaghetti Sauce to dip it in. If you are going to freeze or refrigerate the leftovers, make sure the sauce is on the side otherwise it will get soggy. I like to serve this with a side of vegetables! Enjoy making memories with your cute little families!

- Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment