Thursday, September 1, 2011

3 Week Rotation September 4th - September 24th

Click on the link above that says Menu to open and below to open the Grocery Shopping List

As promised here is my new 3 week rotation and grocery shopping list with local deals. Let me explain how this works really fast...I like my list in alphabetical order because I price match at Walmart. I take all my items that are price matched and I put them at the very end of my line of groceries. Trust me, this is WAY more efficient. When it's time for me to price match my celery, I just go to my C's and tell him how much it is on sale for and where in case he needs to check my ad. That way I am not searching all over my list for my celery...I know exactly where it is an how much it costs. Some people like to make their lists according to aisles...this is what works for me. Always, always, always, bring your ads, some clerks will check them, some will not...but if you don't have the ad then they won't do it so bring it. On my list you will see that I have put little letters in parenthesis such as (M), (S), (BL), and (BLT)...these are the stores where the item is on sale so when the clerk asks you to see the ad where it is on sale, you know exactly which store it is at and you don't need to search through each individual ad. Below I will post what each of my abbreviations stand for.

(M) - Macey's
(S) - Smith's
(BL) - Buy Low
(BLT) - This also stands for Buy Low but when you see the BLT it stands for produce specials that are only available to Price Match on Wednesday and Thursday because that's how long their sales are for...so some times I go Grocery Shopping on Thursday if there are really good deals and continue with my 3 Week Rotation Menu.

I wish I had more ads but for some reason I only get two out here and then I print the Buy Low Ad online. So just some tips...check your pantry and clean out your fridge before you ad items to your grocery list this way you don't buy too much of an item that is going to spoil. Each time you are grocery shopping, grab a couple extra canned food items to add to your food storage and slowly you will build up and if it's a REALLY good deal, buy more than a couple :) I know some of you are couponers out there...and to be honest I don't coupon. I have tried it numerous times and found that it was just way too time consuming and I wasn't really saving all that much money on anything we utilized. So if you coupon, keep it up! You are amazing :)

You need a break yet? I promise it sounds really overwhelming but it really isn't once you get the hang of it and if you have any questions at all I would be more than happy to help you out! So go get out there and go grocery shopping! Aren't you excited ;)

Enjoy!

- Kristin

2 comments: