Thursday, September 29, 2011





              Conference weekend is coming up and not only am I looking forward to some guidance and spiritual uplifting, I must also admit that I am also looking forward to a day of staying in my pajamas.  A day where my family and I can spend time together and not worry about going anywhere or meeting any deadlines.  Growing up I remember that my parents would always have every radio in the house turned to conference on Saturdays.  That way if we were outside doing yard work or inside doing chores, we would be able to listen to it.  The best part about waking up on Conference Sunday was that they would always be making pancakes as a special morning breakfast treat!  I LOVED having something other than cereal.  It was just a special memory for me.  I like to carry on that same tradition with my kids but instead of pancakes every time, I like to switch it up and make different recipes such as Stuffed French Toast or Blueberry Muffins and scrambled eggs.  I've included some of the recipes that I like to use that are amazing.  The Stuffed French Toast is time consuming but it is well worth the end result.  The Fluffy Pancake recipe is one I use all the time for the kids. I always have the ingredients on hand and they always turn out just like their name...Fluffy and delicious!  You can always switch up the pancakes by adding bananas, blueberries, or chocolate chips.  If you add a 1/2 C. of canned pumpkin and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg...delicious fall pumpkin pancakes.  The hint of lemon in the blueberry muffins definitely adds to the freshness so don't be shy!  Any or all of these recipes will be a wonderful way to start your day!  Enjoy!

- Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment