Friday, September 30, 2011


Happy Friday to you all!  I have been looking forward to this weekend :)  Here is a tasty, healthy recipe for your Friday and it is very simple to throw together.  If you know me, you know I LOVE my salads...but it can't just be a plain little "weak" side salad....it has to have lots of flavor and different textures and colors and this one does a pretty good job!  I love this recipe because you can use it as a side or you can use it as a main dish by cooking some chicken in one of your favorite seasonings.  In this case I used it as my main dish so I added the option for you to add your chicken.  I like to season mine with just regular salt and pepper and a hint of Caribbean Jerk seasoning but whatever you have on hand is perfect!  My husband even likes this dish and he is not a huge fan of salads but he likes the flavor and especially the walnuts. So if you are not allergic to nuts, then don't be shy!  Try them out!  They are seriously super easy to make and they really add some texture and sweet flavor to the salad.  I have even had people who don't like walnuts tell me that they love these!  If you make it let me know what you think! Enjoy!

- Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment