Monday, September 26, 2011

Sunday and Monday's Recipe Cards!




Sorry it took me a while to get these posted! 3 sick kids + 1 doctor's visit + 8 shots = no bueno! My kids were so brave but they all 3 decided to take a nap as soon as they got home, even my oldest who never ever takes naps. So needless to say, we have been a bit crazy with medicine, Vick's Vapor Rub and fluffed pillows! I hope you all had time to try the recipe yesterday. This was the first recipe I had ever made for my husband when we first got married. I was so excited to make it for him and show him that I could cook...it didn't turn out quite as I planned ha ha but hey, you live and you learn and I never gave up ;) I love this recipe for it's simplicity. It is an easy "go to" recipe for a crazy day. One addition that I like to add that I didn't add in the recipe file is I like to add Seasoning Salt after I have it on the baking pan. I use it generously on the potatoes because potatoes really soak up salt and they need a lot of flavor.

The chicken salad sandwiches is also another easy "go to" recipe for me. Monday's and Tuesday's are crazy for me because I teach piano after school so I try to have easy recipes planned so I can just throw them together. I boiled my chicken and chopped everything beforehand so now it will just be easy to throw together! I put mine on sandwich rolls or croissant rolls...whichever is cheapest at the moment. But really they taste great on regular bread as well, it's just my preference the other way. Then just chop up some fresh fruit on the side and you are set to go! I hope you all enjoy!

- Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment