Wednesday, September 28, 2011


Okay this is quite possibly one of my favorite sandwich recipes to make for my family.  It is all about the bread and the toppings.  Have you ever been to Sensuous Sandwich in Provo?  It is this little "whole-in-the-wall" sandwich place...literally...however they have the most delicious sandwiches. This is the first time I had ever had a "hot" sandwich.  This was before panini's were big.  I was sold from the first time I had one and I can't even count the times I ate there in high school with my friends.  Anyways so I have spent a lot of time trying to recreate those sandwiches and I know this isn't anything out of this world but for me it is an easy, delicious meal that your kids will love too!  So first of all I always buy an Italian Loaf.  These you can find at Walmart in the bakery section at the front of the store.  They are only .99 cents and so worth every penny.  I prefer these over French Bread because it is a softer bread but either way it will still turn out yummy.  Now as far as the toppings go, these are just some suggestions, go crazy!  The more, the better in my opinion.  This is your chance to stuff every fresh vegetable on there that you can! Don't be scared to try the cucumbers, the texture and taste is great!  Banana peppers...delicious! Radishes...maybe?? Mushrooms? Okay now that's too far ;)  Okay..well maybe if you are a mushroom lover (traitors!) then that would be delicious!  Anyways, my point is don't limit yourself.  Just remember to put all your vegetables on after cooking...warm lettuce...definitely not appetizing.  Just be careful to not cook your bread too much so it's not crispy...we still want it somewhat soft.  Serve with a fresh fruit salad on the side (be careful with the cantelope though there has been a huge recall), or maybe some corn on the cob...you could even just open a bag of chips and call it good if your day has been crazy!  If you tried the recipe, let me know what you think!  I would love to hear of some of your creations.  Also check out the fun Halloween Subway Art I posted here.  Enjoy!

- Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment