Sunday, September 18, 2011

PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps


If you have never tried these, you HAVE to! They are delicious and don't take that much effort but taste just like the real thing. For the longest time I wouldn't go to PF Chang's because I thought there food was overpriced and you got so little for what you paid for...or so I thought. I really wasn't convinced and didn't understand the hype. Especially about the lettuce wraps, what?? I finally went once and ordered an egg roll. Are you serious? I completely think something was wrong with me. So I left feeling so frustrated and didn't go back for a couple of years. Finally I went back with a big group of people and we ordered different main dishes and I got the Walnut Shrimp...I have never been the same :) It was amazing and I literally ate a whole order of the Chicken Lettuce Wraps all by myself. Needless to say I was completely wrong about my first impression of PF Chang's and I have been converted. I love their food!

A couple of things about this recipe. I didn't add any spiciness to the "Special Sauce" but if you would like some spice, you could add Hot Mustard or Red Chile Paste. I prefer it without. Also, if you want it even more like the original, you can dice some mushrooms and green onions and add those in as well. Our family can't do mushrooms, it's a texture thing even though the ones at PF Chang's have them in them, I can't bear to cut them up or touch them :( You can also serve it on a bed of crunchy rice noodles. You just buy them in the Asian Food Section at Walmart and you fry them then drain and they are ready to go! Okay friends, go ENJOY!

- Kristin

P.S. If you haven't entered the giveaway hurry and enter! If you are already a follower you still need to leave a comment with your e-mail address under the Giveaway Post. Leave an additional comment for each entry you do so I can count each separate entry and you will have more chances of winning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment