Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday's Potato Chowder

This recipe is super easy! It has very few ingredients but it is still super yummy! If you are feeling like it is too hot today for soup, eat your leftovers tonight and switch this for tomorrow's recipe since it is going to rain tomorrow, or so I am told :) I also really like to add a can of corn and a can of Great Northern Beans into this, but that is completely optional. You can cut down on fat by putting in fat-free cream cheese. As far as bacon goes, I don't usually use a half pound but that is completely optional for you as well. I just use a couple strips and crumble it on our soup. My family doesn't eat a whole lot of bacon and if I just dumped the rest of the bacon in there before freezing it would definitely get soggy...and let's be honest, who likes soggy bacon?? Enjoy!

- Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment